Monday, October 08, 2007

David Hockney "15 sketchbooks" DVD - a further update

Just a quick update for any Hockney fans out there about the David Hockney Sketchbook DVD "Fifteen Sketchbooks 2002-2003" and how to purchase it.

I recently had an e-mail from Erik Arnesen (writing on behalf of the DavidHockney Studio/Website and Online Shop). It contains updated information about how to get hold of the David Hockney Sketchbooks as a DVD. I'm reproducing it in full below as it provides all the information you need.
In checking google for our website status in certain search fields, I came upon your blog page link dated 8 Dec 06 re: the 15 Sketchbooks.

Since your post we have added a link to the site that allows direct ordering of the DVD. The main site link is: http://hockneypictures.com/that will take you to the site and you will see the "shop" button - it is an online transaction link which can be found directly at: http://www.hockneystore.com/

I am glad I found your blog page and perhaps you can forward the info that the DVD's are available from the Hockney site - we did press sufficient numbers. Thanks for the alert on the NPG and LACMA - we'll contact them as well...

All the best,
for the DavidHockney Studio/Website and Online Shop
Erik Arnesen
I've also added a link to the Hockney Store below - and for those who are interested in my previous posts about Hockney these are listed below as well. Note the saga of the Hockney sketchbook DVD has now been running for nearly a year - but we have a result!

Afterthought - I shall now be very tempted to check out the NPG shop to see if they appear!

Links:

6 comments:

  1. as you did for me, I think you've made a lot of people happy to know about this :) thanks again for the info that led to my purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cin - It's certainly been a long haul since that first post and our subsequent e-mails.

    But it just goes to show that it's always worthwhile to try contacting a website to ask a question or make a request.

    We got there in the end. Amd there's quite a few people out there who got their DVD as a result. Hopefully there'll be a few more after this update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really going to have to tag your blog FINANCIAL HAZARD, Katherine. I'm about to order the Hockney DVD (many thanks for all your research) and now, of course, I desperately want the Pen & Ink book! This has to stop! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know Robyn - the way it works is like this - I've been there, done that and got the T Shirt before you! ;) I ran out of bookshelf space some time ago....I'm now working my way across the floor!

    Did I ever tell you about how I'm only allowed (by me) to go in to bookshops if I've been good and done all my chores? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so happy when I received my Hockney sketchbook DVDs. They're so "real" and it's a joy to view them. Thanks for the help in getting them originally. I'm glad to hear they're easier to get now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jana - it's great to hear feedback about people getting their copies. Sounds like you had the same reaction as me - they are such 'real' sketchbooks.

    I wonder if other artists will ever get around to putting their sketchbooks on DVD. Maybe that's what we ought to be doing?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.